Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flats and Flathead Lake

This morning we woke to clear skies and sunshine, packed up camp and said goodbye to Deer Lodge. Our original plan was to go to Missoula and stay for a day. I have two conference calls on Thursday and I need to have good phone coverage. The coverage in Deer Lodge was iffy and I lost my connection on a call, so I wanted to be sure. Missoula is a larger town, and we thought that it would be safe there.

But, somewhere in a conversation we changed our minds and decided to drive up to Flathead Lake, so Norm could fish a bit while I worked. As it turns out, I'm glad we did.

On the way, we passed a lady on the interstate who had a flat. Norm stopped to help her. She was having a difficulty getting the lug nuts off. Her name was Michelle and she was grateful for the help. I am glad I have the type of husband that will stop and help people who need it. Hundreds of motorists had passed her by. Turns out she liked to fly fish, so Norm was rewarded with some "fishing talk" for his efforts.


The drive to Flathead lake was, as all of our travels have been, stunning. We drove back into the Rocky Mountain range and when we arrived at St. Ignatius we pulled over to see the view, which took our breath away. The Rocky Mountains are so majestic. We plan to drive around the town of St. Ignatius tomorrow, it looks to be a possibility for summer relocation some day.

Tonight we are at a KOA in Flathead Lake with probably the best view we've had at a KOA campground. It is up on a hill overlooking the lake and the mountains. Spectacular. The facility is super nice, for a campground it would be a Ritz - Carlton.

Oh yes, tomorrow is a very special day. It is my great friend, Kathy Love's birthday. If not for Kathy Love I may not even have been afforded the opportunity to be in this inspiring place. Happy Birthday and thank you Kathy. I love you.


We are here for two nights, then we will pack up our tent for good and move to Whitefish to the Whitefish Lodge where I will sleep in a real bed!


Peace and LoVe,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment